Find an Invisalign® certified dentists in Burnaby, B.C.
Whether you are a child or an adult, having crooked teeth is something that can make you feel self-conscious. Crooked teeth may prevent you from giving a full smile, laughing out loud or feeling comfortable about showing your teeth in public.
Besides giving you a beautiful, straight smile, straightening crooked teeth can also help prevent future, potentially serious dental problems.
According to the Canadian Dental Association, some problems associated with having crooked teeth are:
- difficulty chewing foods which can result in wearing down teeth unevenly and even wearing away enamel.
- being more prone to cavities and gum disease due the crowded or crooked teeth being more difficult to clean
- periodontal disease which may also increase the risk of cardiovascular disease
- the potential for chipping or breaking your teeth easier
- muscle tension and pain
Crooked teeth do not need to be permanent. With advances in technology and procedures there are convenient ways to straighten teeth. Depending on the severity of crowding, spacing, crossbite, overbite and underbite your dentist or orthodontist will advise on the best treatment method to straighten your teeth.
The Dentists at North Burnaby Dental Group are committed to helping their patients achieve a lifetime of beautiful smiles. This means providing preventative, restorative treatments as well as offering patients cosmetic treatments for correcting crooked teeth. One treatment option that has been continually creating exceptional results to straighten teeth is Invisalign® aligner treatments.
Invisalign® takes a modern approach to straightening teeth, using a custom-made series of aligners created for you and only you. These aligner trays are made of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. Wearing the aligners will gradually and gently shift your teeth into place, based on the exact movements your dentist or orthodontist plans out for you. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten. You just pop in a new set of aligners approximately every two weeks, until your treatment is complete. You’ll achieve a great smile with little interference in your daily life. The best part about the whole process is that most people won’t even know you’re straightening your teeth.
Images from Invisalign.
Some of the key benefits of using Invisalign® are:
- since the trays (aligners) are clear, this makes them harder to see providing a more aesthetic appeal than metal braces
- the aligners are removable, making teeth cleaning and flossing easy
- there are no restrictions on the type of food that cannot be eaten
- the aligners are smooth and feel comfortable when wearing them
If you have questions about how you transform your smile, the first step is talk to our Invisalign® certified Dentists Dr. Lisa Kostecki and Dr. Houman Houchmand at North Burnaby Dental Group. They will evaluate your teeth, answers questions and make treatment recommendations.
Whatever option you do choose, keep in mind that a beautiful smile with straight teeth will take time but is definitely achievable!