To All Our Patients:
From all of the Doctors and Staff at North Burnaby Dental Group we are pleased to announce the re-opening of our practice on Monday May 25th.
We hope you and your family are in good health and remain safe during this challenging time. We have all been through an unprecedented experience and we are looking forward to returning to more normal and routine days. While many things in our world has changed, our dentists and team members remain committed to ensuring your visit to our practice is a safe and comforting experience.
A safe, secure and sterile environment has always been the standard in Dentistry and we want to reassure you that your safety and the safety of our staff is our Number 1 commitment.
We have always ensured our practice is fully in compliance with the recommendations of the Provincial and Federal Public Health Agencies, the Provincial Regulatory Colleges, Worksafe BC and the Canadian Dental Association. We have always remained abreast of developments in this area and often applied more stringent thresholds than required. For that reason we not only implemented all recommendations given but have gone above and beyond their recommendations.
Our receptionist will be contacting you to set up your appointment. As you are aware we will have some backlog in patients, so we ask you to please be patient.
We would like to thank you for your continued support and are looking forward to seeing you again.
As a result of the increased recommendations driven by the current coronavirus pandemic, we have enhanced these infection control policies and you may see certain changes at your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff, including:
- Pre-screening of all patients prior to their appointment and again at entrance to the office.
- All patients have been asked to remain in their cars or outside until their appointment time.
- We ask that no additional members enter the clinic. Due to social distancing no-one will be allowed to wait in the waiting room. Parents of Children will be asked to join them in the operatory or to remain outside during the clinic time.
- A greeter will meet you at the front door to escort you into the practice.
- Temperature checks for patients and staff member upon entry to the clinic.
- All patients and staff will be required to hand sanitize upon entry and exit to the clinic.
- It is mandatory to wear a mask in our clinic. If you do not have one, you will be provided one at the entrance to the clinic.
- You will notice throughout the practice that all magazines, toys, headphones, etc. have been removed as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments are staggered all staff are on shift work to allow for increased social distancing between patients and staff.
- We limit the number of patients in the practice area at any given time.
- Appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for all clinical and administrative staff, including masks for all team members; N95 (or equivalent) masks, face shields are required when producing aerosols.
- Both hourly, and as needed, cleaning and disinfection of reception area and restrooms.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.