At North Burnaby Dental Group, we work with our patients to develop your treatment plan that fits your needs and creates a healthy and vibrant smile. Each new patient begins with a thorough, comprehensive exam with one of our dentists. Then, together, with personalized treatment plan is developed, which may include any of our services.
- Patient Education – you’ll receive all the information you need to make informed decisions about your dental care including the best way to care for your teeth between appointments.
- Regular cleanings & exams – Professional cleanings every 3 to 6 months help you maintain a beautiful, fresh smile and optimal oral health. Regular examinations identify problems at their earliest and most treatable stages.
- Sealants – The back teeth have numerous grooves which are difficult to cleanse of food particles and bacterial plaque. As a result, decay can start in these areas even with a meticulous dental hygiene program. Application of dental sealants is painless and non-invasive and is extremely effective at preventing cavities especially for kids.
- Fluoride – Topical fluoride applied at your cleaning appointment strengthens teeth and is effective in preventing and reversing early signs of tooth decay.
- Mouthguards – Grinding and clenching is a major cause of tooth loss. The damage can be severe, requiring extensive rehabilitation. A customized guard (also called a splint or night guard) is an effective way to prevent damage to teeth, jaw joints and muscles.
- Sport Mouthguards – A mouthguard is a cushioned appliance that fits over the dental arch to help prevent tooth injury and reduce concussion during contact sports. Our mouthguards are custom-made and provide increased retention and protection over the ‘boil & bite’ type.